Before you can create a maintenance intervention, you need to add at least one defect to your asset. These defects correspond to corrective events that need to be performed during the intervention.
From the Operational dashboard you can easily create a new defect for an asset. To do so you search or filter for the right asset. Next, you click on the little arrow on the right hand side of the asset bar.
In the details view, you click on the blue "create corrective event" button:
Next you fill out the defect form (the number of fields that appear on the form will depend on what your administrator has already set up in the administration dashboard):
The following fields are pre-filled when you create a new defect:
- asset name
- the incident date
- maintenance type
- place of incident: if the position of the locomotive is known
- reported by: by default this is the person that created the new defect
For the other fields you can either select an item from a drop down menu, or enter text:
- Damage code: these are the codes you use internally to name damage types. Your administrator can set up these damage code types in the administration dashboard.
- Circumstances: you can add multiple circumstances to a defect. They can be related to the locomotive itself, or to external circumstances. Your administrator can add new circumstance types in the administration dashboard.
- Severity: for each defect you can show the severity. Most companies use colors for this (green, yellow, red), but if you want to use other severity types, you can set these up in the administration dashboard.
- Corrective type: this field shows what has caused the defect (e.g. vandalism or an accident). As an administrator you can manage the corrective types in the administration dashboard.
- Description: write down a description of the defect if relevant.
- Documents: upload documents or photos that are relevant to the defect
- Status impact: select whether your asset is still operational, in degraded mode or immobilized as a result of the defect.
- Service impact: show if the defect has caused an impact on your operations (has the train been canceled or delayed? Or is there no impact on operations?) You can set up your own service impact types in the administration dashboard.
- Hotline called: indicate if the hotline has been called or not
Once you've entered all the relevant information you click on the "Create Defect report" button at the bottom of the form. The defect will then appear in the details overview of your asset and your maintainer will be notified. Afterwards you can plan a new intervention based on the newly created defect.