1. Creating a new label
Administrators can easily create new labels in the administration centre. To do so you go to the Label section and click on the “add” link next to “labels”.
Then complete the form on the next page:
- Give your label a name (e.g. the name of one of your maintainers, a client or an asset)
- Choose the assets you wish to add to this label by selecting the asset and clicking on the arrow that points to the right (e.g. add all the assets the maintainer is responsible for)
- Select the people within your company and at your maintainer’s company that need to receive notifications in the “Users list” or in the “Contact list”.
2. Modifying a label
To modify a label you go to the administration page and, in the "Label" section, click on the "change" link.
You can then change the name of the label, or any of the other elements in the form.
3. Using labels
Labels are mainly used for notifications and geographical zones. When a label (e.g. a maintainer) is associated with a user or a contact list, anything regarding this label will be communicated to the user or contact list.
Labels defined on users and contact lists are used to define the routing rules for notifications.
A couple of examples of how you can use labels and label categories:
- You can define a "client-traffic" category and a list of traffic labels within that category in order to track which locomotive is currently serving which client traffic, and who you want to contact with regards to that client-traffic.
- You can define a ‘Maintainer' category and a list of maintainer labels within that category in order to track which maintainer is responsible to maintain which locomotive, and who you want to contact regarding that maintainer.
- You can define a "Homologation" category in order to track what certification is granted to what locomotive.