On the next page you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Choose an appropriate rule name (ex: "Alert low battery - Jeremie - E4001")
- Choose if the notification should be sent as an email and/or if it should be shown as an alert on the Operational Dashboard.
- Set the Event Type to the alert you want to monitor (ex: alert_low_battery)
- Select when the notification should be triggered (e.g. when the event starts and/or finishes)
- Add yourself or others to the the User Whitelist
- Add the locomotive(s) you want to monitor (ex: E4001) to the Asset Whitelist in the "Filters" section
You can extend this configuration to more locomotives and more users if desired. Follow these steps to add more locomotives and/or users to the whitelist.
If you’ve chosen to send the notification as an email alert, you’ll also be able to slightly customise this email: the alert information in the email itself can’t be customised, but you can add custom information in the footer of the email. This information could be company information, the reason why someone is receiving the alert, or instructions on how to act on the alert, all this is up to you! You can update the custom message at any time.
As setting up these notification rules may seem quite complex, we've created a set of articles that contain step-by-step guides on how to notify others about certain alerts or activities. Take a look at the current guides here: https://help.railnova.eu/confirm-diagnostics#alerts