Railfleet allows drivers to create corrective events by accessing the digital train logbook, a standalone page that shows the operational status of the asset, usage restrictions if there are any, as well as the history of previously reported defects.
This page can be accessed through the following URL: https://one.railnova.eu/operational/#/board/asset/xxxx/
where "xxxx" represents the Railnova ID of an asset. The Railnova ID of your assets can be seen in the administration panel (you have to be a Railfleet administrator for your company in order to have access to the administration panel):
From the Digital Train Logbook you can easily create a new defect for an asset. To do so, you click on the "Create corrective event" button on the right hand side of the page:
On the next page, choose the maintenance type "Corrective".
Next you fill out the defect form (the number of fields that appear on the form will depend on what your administrator has already set up in the administration panel):
The following fields are pre-filled when you create a new defect:
- asset name
- the incident date
- place of incident: if the position of the locomotive is known
- reported by: by default this is the person that created the new defect
For the other fields you can either select an item from a drop down menu, or enter text:
- Damage code: these are the codes you use internally to name damage types. Your administrator can set up these damage code types in the administration panel.
- Circumstances: you can add multiple circumstances to a defect. They can be related to the locomotive itself, or to external circumstances. Your administrator can add new circumstance types in the administration panel.
- Corrective type: this field shows what has caused the defect (e.g. vandalism or an accident). As an administrator you can manage the corrective types in the administration panel.
- Description: write down a description of the defect if relevant.
- Documents: upload documents or photos that are relevant to the defect.
- Service impact: show if the defect has caused an impact on your operations (has the train been canceled or delayed? Or is there no impact on operations?) You can set up your own service impact types in the administration panel.
- Status impact: select whether your asset is still operational, in degraded mode or immobilised as a result of the defect.
- Hotline called: indicate if the hotline has been called or not.
Once you've entered all the relevant information you click on the "Create Event" button at the bottom of the form. The defect will then appear in the details overview of your asset.